A man's been charged with murdering Daniel Lavender in Aylesbury.
Faringdon: Man Found Dead After Fire In Public Toilets
Police are investigating a man's death in a fire in public toilets in Faringdon.
At about 1.55pm yesterday (February 9), Oxfordshire Fire and Rescue Service called police to report a fire at the public toilets in Southampton Street, Faringdon.
A 49-year-old man was pronounced dead at the scene. His next of kin has been informed, although a date is yet to be scheduled for formal identification.
A post mortem is planned to take place today (10/2).
Senior Investigating Officer, Det Chief Insp Kevin Brown said:
“I would appeal to anyone who saw a white man wearing a light green and grey jacket and dark trousers in the vicinity of Southampton Street, or who may have used the public toilets themselves, which is situated close to Budgens, or was in the vicinity of the nearby car park between 10am and 2pm yesterday, to contact me via 101.
“Further, it has been reported that members of the public saw the fire and tried to help the man out of the toilet block. I would also like to speak to these people because they might have vital information that can aid our investigation.
“I appreciate that some people do not feel comfortable speaking to police directly, so alternatively you can contact the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or online at www.crimestoppers-uk.org. No personal details are taken, information is not traced or recorded and you will not go to court.
“Thames Valley Police officers are currently carrying out house to house enquiries and a scene watch is likely to be in place for the rest of today (10/2).
"I would like to thank local residents for their assistance and patience while we continue our thorough investigation into this unexplained death.”
More than 150 distracted motorists were pulled over in Hampshire and the Thames Valley in a week-long operation.
An 18-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of murdering Leonne Weeks, 16, who was found dead on a path in Rotherham.
One of George Michael's cousins has said he suspects the star died of an accidental drugs overdose.
Recently Played Tracks
To listen live, choose your preferred location:
Deposit £10 to get a £40 Welcome Bonus - That's £50 to play bingo, slots and more!*
Over 50 tracks to make you feel-good. New album out now...
Find your local four day weather report here.
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.