Future of Basinsgtoke: Have Your Say
People in Basinsgtoke are being asked what they think about plans to build nearly 9,000 new homes in the next 15 years.
Basingstoke and Deane Council is starting a 6 week public consultation on the proposals which could see half of the homes going up on greenbelt land.
The Core Strategy identifies where development will take place, how new jobs will be supported and how the environment of the borough will be protected and enhanced.
Once formally adopted, it will be one of the key factors in whether planning applications are allowed.
The Core Strategy allows for 594 new homes per year to be built up to 2027 to meet the area's needs.
Building is mainly focused on Basingstoke, followed by smaller levels in Whitchurch, Overton, Bramley, Kingsclere and Oakley...with some new homes built on green green field.
The sites are:
* Swing Swang Lane, Basingstoke for 100 homes
* North of Popley Fields, Basingstoke for 450 homes
* Razors Farm, Basingstoke for 480 homes
* East of Basingstoke for 900 homes
* Redlands, east of Basingstoke for 150 homes
* Basingstoke Golf Course, Basingstoke for 1,050 homes
* Overton Hill, Overton for 120 homes
* South of Bloswood Lane, Whitchurch for 150 homes
Kennel Farm and Cufaude Farm have been allocated as reserve greenfield sites if the housing target isn't met at the sites above.
Consultation events across the borough will be taking place with officers available to answer questions on the following dates during the consultation period:
- Festival Place Community Hotspot, Queen Anne’s Walk, Festival Place 9am to 5.30pm on Thursday 16 February 2012
- The Royal British Legion, Crown Lane, Old Basing 2pm to 8pm on Tuesday 21 February 2012
- Hatchwarren Community Centre, Longcross Lane, Basingstoke 2pm to 8pm on Wednesday 22 February 2012 (officers will be in The Warren from 2pm to 6pm and then in The Lounge from 6pm to 8pm)
- Overton Community Centre at the junction of Winchester Street and High Street, Overton 2pm to 8pm on Thursday 23 February 2012
Take part in the consultation HERE.
Storm Doris has been wreaking havoc across the UK and we've been feeling some of the effects.
A minute silence will be held today in memory of the four men who died in the Didcot Power Station Collapse.
A shop in Reading has had its alcohol licence taken away for selling fake vodka containing harmful chemicals.
Recently Played Tracks
To listen live, choose your preferred location:
Now playing: Non-stop hit music
Deposit £10 to get a £40 Welcome Bonus - That's £50 to play bingo, slots and more!*
Over 50 tracks to make you feel-good. New album out now...
Find your local four day weather report here.
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.