16-year-old Being Treated For Head Injuries
Evacuation after Gas Leak at College in Oxford
Three students have been taken to hospital as a precaution after gas leak at one of our college
Oxfordshire fire service have told Heart they were called to St John's in St Giles Street in Oxford just after 6 on Thursday 14th June 2012 to reports of a suspected gas leak from a domestic fridge.
Three people were taken to hospital as a precaution with 8 others told to get in touch if they start to feel unwell in the next 24 hours, but no-one's been seriously hurt.
The University of Oxford gave us the following statement on behalf of St John?s College:
"Following a leak from a refrigerator in a student kitchen, emergency services were called to the College. Two students have been sent for medical observation as a precautionary measure. The staircase in which the kitchen is located has been evacuated and emergency services have arranged for the safe removal of the leaking appliance. The College undertakes regular safety inspection of its domestic appliances, but is now undertaking further checks to see whether any other appliances are liable to similar leaks."
Car Left The Eynsham Road in Botley And Hit A Bus Shelter
52 year old man is in hospital with serious injuries following a collision with a car in Andover last night
David Cameron's former seat in Witney has been filled by another Conservative. Robert Courts has been elected.
Recently Played Tracks
To listen live, choose your preferred location:
Deposit £10 to get a £40 Welcome Bonus - That's £50 to play bingo, slots and more!*
Over 50 tracks to make you feel-good. New album out now...
Find your local four day weather report here.
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.