A pilot has died after his light aircraft crashed a short distance from where it took off in Oxfordshire.
Homeless Man Hurt In Fire In Reading
A homeless man has been left with burns after his bedding was set alight in Reading.
Thames Valley Police say a man was asleep in the entrance to Reading Central Library in Kings Road, when a person started a fire causing his sleeping bag to become alight at around 10.30pm on Tuesday 2st May.
People nearby came to the aid of the man and helped to put the fire out and called an ambulance.
The man, in his forties, suffered burns to his feet which required hospital treatment. He has since been released from hospital.
DC Jim Howden, investigating, said: “Luckily the victim suffered only minor injuries.
“If you witnessed this incident or came forward to help the victim or if you have any information which could help the investigation please get in touch.
“I would like to reassure homeless people that incidents such as these are rare.”
Anyone with information can contact DC Howden on the non-emergency number, 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Part of Raleigh Park sealed off on Tuesday.
The Department for Transport has allocated more than £11.6m across the South East.
Rain, sleet and snow's been falling across the Thames Valley - with a warning of icy conditions tonight.
Recently Played Tracks
To listen live, choose your preferred location:
Deposit £10 to get a £40 Welcome Bonus - That's £50 to play bingo, slots and more!*
Over 50 tracks to make you feel-good. New album out now...
Find your local four day weather report here.