The Chancellor all but met his budget deficit target in the last financial year, according to official figures showing an overshoot of £300m.
Buckinghamshire Budget Calculator
Buckinghamshire County Council have to save £55 million by 2014 because of government cuts.
Now they want to know what level council tax should be set at, where the money should go and which services people value the most.
They have started a consultation - Your Money, Your Choice - with feedback gathered during the survey used to help set the council's budget for 2012/2013.
As well as a questionnaire, there's also an online budget simulator. It allows people to alter the levels of spending in different service areas and to see how increasing or decreasing spending raises or lowers the amount of council tax needed.
Martin Phillips, Buckinghamshire County Council's Member for Community Engagement said;
"There are several ways in which people can get involved, they can either complete the online or paper survey, try setting council spending on the budget simulator, or join in the conversation on Facebook and Twitter.
"We really want to hear what people think - it's more important than ever that people talk to us and let us know what matters to them, where they think money could be saved and where spending should be maintained."
Full details on the budget plans and the consultation are available here. The consultation closes on the 13th of November.
Theresa May is parking her tanks directly on Labour's lawn today as a shock poll suggests the Tories could take a majority of votes cast in Wales for the first time in more than 150 years.
Pro-EU campaigners have come up with a hit list of Brexit-supporting MPs they will try to get rid of at the General Election.
Shares in Carpetright slumped 10% on opening after it warned slowing sales growth had knocked its profit expectations.
Most Viewed Pictures On Heart
Find your local four day weather report here.
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
- Britons 'oppose' Brexit guarantee for EU citizens in UK - Sky Data poll
- Costa coffee owner Whitbread sees 'tougher' times ahead
- At least 24 dead in bus and tanker crash in Kenya
- Cancer often being diagnosed in A&E despite patients seeing GPs
- First double execution in the US since 2000 goes ahead in Arkansas
- Serena Williams brands Ilie Nastase's comments 'racist' and 'sexist'
- Sir Elton John struck down by 'potentially deadly' infection
- Mel B lawyers accuse husband Belafonte of inviting killer into family home
- Will Smith to headline Blackpool Livewire Festival with DJ Jazzy Jeff
- Work has begun on FOUR sequels to Avatar, James Cameron reveals dates