Man Caught Shaving Whilst Driving
9 August 2013, 08:55
A man caught shaving whilst driving is one of 55 drivers stopped by police during check in Oxford.
Thames Valley Police have told Heart officers carried out road safety checkS in North Way, Oxford on Thursday 8th August 2013.
Offences they dealt with include:
- One driver was shaving whilst driving, when stopped a tyre on his car was so bald that the cord was exposed. They were given £60 Fixed Penalty Notice (FNP), three points and vehicle prohibited
- One driver was holding a note book in one hand, a pen in the other hand and taking a dictation over his hands free phone. The driver was given a FNP of £60 and three points.
- One driver was reading a book and directions open across the steering wheel. The driver was given a FNP of £60 and three points.
- Three vehicles were examined and found to be in dangerous condition. The drivers were given FNPs of £60 and three points.
- 35 drivers or passengers were not wearing seatbelts. They were given FNPs of £60 or an on-line education course
- 14 drivers were using hand held mobile phones and were given FNPs of £60 and three points or an on-line training course
PC Mark Pilling from Abingdon Roads Policing said: “It is clear that a number of people are still prepared to put themselves and others at risk by flouting road traffic laws designed to protect them from injury.
“We will continue to target this type of behaviour with more road safety checks at all times of the day.”