Man Rescued From Fire In Banbury After Sleeping Through Alarm

A man has been rescued after a neighbour raised the alarm about a fire in his house in Banbury.

Oxfordshire County Council Fire & Rescue Service were called to the property on Warwick Road at 11pm on Sunday (16th April 2017) after reports a smoke alarm was sounding in the house.

Firefighters forced the front door open using a sledgehammer and found a man in his twenties asleep in a first floor bedroom. The family dog was also rescued from the ground floor.

It's believed the fire started as food was cooking in a microwave.

Crew manager Davis said, “The occupant of this property was extremely lucky to escape without serious injury, which was down to early detection of the fire by the working smoke alarms that were fitted in the property. Apparently the batteries in the smoke alarms had been changed only last week, I feel that this highlights the need to test your smoke alarms regularly”.

Recently Played Tracks

To listen live, choose your preferred station:

Go

Stay tuned...

Watch heart TV

  • Now playing: Non-stop hit music

Heart VIP

Local

Autumn Weather

Find your local four day weather report here.

Listening To Radio Win With Heart

Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.

Follow Heart on Twitter