Firefighters have given advice to people in high-rise flats in Oxford and Reading
Oxford: Fire-Damaged Randolph Hotel Reopens
The historic Randolph Hotel in Oxford has reopened today (May 5 2015), after being badly damaged by a fire in April.
Flames from a beef stroganof flambee were sucked into the extractor fan, leading to the roof catching fire. Flames ripped through three floors.
Firefighters were called to the scene at 4.39pm following 999 calls reporting of smoke coming from the roof of the building.
A total of 14 fire engines attended the hotel including two high reach appliances.
South Central Ambulance Service and Thames Valley Police were also in attendance.
Roads in the area around Beaumont Street were closed for several hours with diversions in place.
The hotel was safely evacuated and no-one was injured.
The Gothic hotel reopened its doors at 10 o'clock this morning, but the front of the 150-year-old building remains covered with scaffolding.
Damaged areas which are still being repaired are sealed off, but 110 of the 150 rooms are available,
Pictures on social media showed smoke billowing across the city centre.
(Image: TVC, The Varsity Club Oxford)
Alexander Worth from Kings Worthy died last year after the supercar he was in hit fencing in North Warnborough.
Four People Treated After 46 Batteries Leaking Acid In Basement Of Engineering Department.
A man's been jailed for life for stabbing a father to death in the street in Oxford.
Recently Played Tracks
To listen live, choose your preferred station:
Now playing: The best feel good music
Deposit £10 to get a £40 Welcome Bonus - That's £50 to play bingo, slots and more!*
Over 50 tracks to make you feel-good. New album out now...
Find your local four day weather report here.