South Oxfordshire Flood Advice
Last updated at 06:00 30/11/2012
Water levels have now peaked and have begun fallen, however all flood warnings remain in place.
- A flood warning is in place for the River Thames from Cleeve Lock to Child Beale Park, above Pangbourne, including Goring and Streatley
- A flood warning is in place for the River Thames from Henley down to Medmenham including Remenham and Mill End
- A flood warning is in place for the River Thames from Days Lock down to South Stoke, including Dorchester-on-Thames and Overy, Shillingford, Benson, Wallingford, North Stoke and Moulsford
- A flood warning is in place for Shiplake, Lower Shiplake and Wargrave with flooding expected from Shiplake to Bolney Court
- A flood warning is in place for Dorchester
Residents in at risk areas are advised to move belongings upstairs and take other precautions immediately. If anyone's life is in danger they should phone 999.
- Sandbags are also now available from the Kingsfisher in Shillingford and the Wheel Orchard in Goring.
- Residents in flood plain areas who have received an Environment Agency Flood Warning alert, and who do not have access to sandbags or an alternative, are able to collect sandbags from - SODC offices car park, Crowmarsh Gifford; and Kings Road Car park, Henley - please note, this should be for urgent need cases only.
- sandbags have been delivered to central locations in areas that maybe affected, as well as to individual "at risk" properties where vulnerable residents live
Officers from all local agencies are continuing to monitor the above situations and other areas of concern. Updates will be provided as and when we get them. Drivers are reminded that it is vital that the obey flood warning signs to ensure their safety and help limit damage to their own or others properties A number of flood alerts are also in place across the district.