Labour and the SNP are renewing calls for the government to "come clean" about reports of a failed Trident test last summer.
Thames Valley Housing List Changes
Heart's hearing thousands of people could be removed from housing waiting lists in the Thames Valley.
Four of our councils have decided to change their criteria for social housing – it means people have to have a local connection such as work or family where they’re applying for a house.
Two others are also thinking of doing the same.
See if your area is affected here:
- Oxford City Council, which has 4,500 people on its list, decided this week to only accept applications from local people – so those on the list will have to live, work or have family in the city.
- West Oxfordshire District Council has made changes to its criteria – and will now only accept people onto the list that have a local connection and a “minimum level” of housing need.
- Bracknell Forest Council has recently introduced new criteria. They’re prioritising people who are working, over those out of a job. They’re also restricting the list to those that have lived in the borough for at least one year.
- Cherwell District Council decided in November 2012 that it would exclude applicants from the list if they didn’t have a local connection or housing need. They’re planning on bringing the changes in later this year
- Reading Council is planning to consult on changes to its housing waiting list.
- Aylesbury Vale District Council will decide later this autumn if it should introduce changes to the criteria for the housing waiting list.
The latest figures show house prices in Oxford went by 8.1% in the last year.
A man's been charged with murdering Daniel Lavender in Aylesbury.
More than 150 distracted motorists were pulled over in Hampshire and the Thames Valley in a week-long operation.
Recently Played Tracks
To listen live, choose your preferred location:
Deposit £10 to get a £40 Welcome Bonus - That's £50 to play bingo, slots and more!*
Over 50 tracks to make you feel-good. New album out now...
Find your local four day weather report here.
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.