Michelle's Lemon Drizzle Muffins
We want everyone in the kitchen doing their bit to raise money for Have a Heart, so we can help grant more magical wishes to seriously ill children.
Why not try Michelle's Lemon Drizzle Muffins, have a go at baking them into tasty little treats and raise money by hosting your own 'Bake a Wish' cake sale.
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 85g/3oz caster sugar
- 240ml/8fl oz milk
- 100ml/3½fl oz vegetable oil
- 300g/10oz plain flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 lemons, zest only
- For the topping
- 50g/2oz icing sugar
- 1 lemon, juice only
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6. Line a muffin tin with paper cases. Mix the egg, sugar, milk and oil in a large bowl. Sift in the flour, baking powder, salt and then add the lemon. Roughly mix.
- Spoon the mixture into the pre-prepared muffin cases.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until well risen and golden. Cool on a wire rack.
- Make the lemon drizzle topping by mixing together the sugar and lemon juice.
- Spoon the lemon drizzle mixture over the cooled muffins.
Finally don't forget to taste test one to make sure their yummy and tweet us a photo too #bakeawish
Recently Played Tracks
To listen live, choose your preferred station:
Now playing: Non-stop hit music