Hate crime in Devon and Cornwall rises by 63% since EU referendum
£750,000 Spent On Road Resurfacing
A three-month programme of road resurfacing works in Torbay gets underway in September.
Roads in Torquay, Paignton and Brixham will be resurfaced between 10 September and 13 December.
Torbay Council's Executive Lead for Transport, Cllr Robert Excell, said: "This important work costing about £750,000 forms part of our continuing investment in the Bay's highway network.
"Regrettably work of this nature does require some road closures and diversions, which will be clearly signed.
"Local people will be given advance notice, and access to properties will be maintained as much as possible."
The schedule of works and traffic management measures, which is subject to possible change, is as follows:
- Herbert Road, Torquay, 10-19 September, two way and four way traffic lights; Dartmouth Road, Brixham, section between Kennels Road to Churston Cross, 24-27 September, two way lights;
- Foxhole Road, Paignton, junction Colley End Road (slip road), 28 September, road closure;
- Goodrington Road, Paignton, section between Brixham Road junction and Grange Road, 1-15 October, road closure;
- Tor Park Road, Paignton, resurfacing at the Aspen Road and Borough Road junctions, 16 October, night work, traffic lights;
- Totnes Road, Paignton, section between zoo and Tweenaway Cross, 1-31 October, traffic lights and lane closures; Abbey Gates, Torquay, 22-25 October, road closure and night work;
- Alston Lane, Brixham, 5-9 November, road closure;
- Northfields Lane, Brixham, road closure 12-13 November, North Furzeham Road, Brixham, 14-24 November, road closure, Beacon Hill, Torquay 26-28 November, road closure; Primley Park, Paignton, section between No 106 and Singer Close, 29-30 November, road closure;
- Primley Park, Paignton, section between Totnes Road junction and No 24, 3-8 December, road closure; Barton Hill Road, Torquay, section between Clennon Lane and Isaac Road, 10-13 December, traffic lights.
A report's found the force has failed to record more than 17,400 reported crimes each year.
Charger starts fire in teenager's bedroom
The Independent Inquiry into Child Sexual Abuse will host the first Truth Project sessions in the South West
Recently Played Tracks
Now playing: Non-stop hit music
Deposit £10 to get a £40 Welcome Bonus - That's £50 to play bingo, slots and more!*
Over 50 tracks to make you feel-good. New album out now...
Find your local four day weather report here.
What's happening on the roads where you are?
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
Get great deals and money off vouchers, plus find out more about who's advertising on Heart.