New song to appeal to children to take more care.
The 'Honest Truth' About Safer Driving
A young person is killed on UK roads every 18 hours, while another suffers a serious injury every 90 minutes.
In 2009 a fatal accident in South Devon took the lives of three young people and this, coupled with the shocking statistics, triggered The Honest Truth campaign.
17 to 24 year olds make up just 10% of the population but in recent years have been responsible for half the crashes blamed on excess speed and half of crashes involving only one vehicle and The Honest Truth Campaign wants to see these numbers reduced.
More than 300 driving instructors are set to receive brand new resources from the pioneering new campaign to help educate learner drivers about the risks they face on the road after they pass.
The material which stresses small changes save lives, features animal-human hybrids which each relate to eight bad habits that could cause fatalities.
- A cheetah for speed, which is one of the major causes of accidents
- A bulldog for drink, the accident rate increases after just one drink
- A lizard for drugs, which can cause slower reaction times and poor concentration
- A parrot for mobile phones, you are four times more likely to crash is you use one
- A peacock for showing off, excessive engine revving could get you a warning from the police
- Chimps for distractions, carrying passengers increases your risk of a crash
- A rhino for wearing seatbelts, a life would be saved every day if everyone wore one
- A donkey for insurance, incorrect insure could see the car seized
Each of the topics feature statistics and heart breaking true life stories.
Following the death of a 10 year old boy after he was misdiagnosed by paramedics, South Western Ambulance Service have made training videos with his parents to stop it happening again.
£5,000 worth of damaged caused in just 5 seconds.
Devon and Cornwall Police launch new anti-hate crime campaign
Recently Played Tracks
Deposit £10 to get a £40 Welcome Bonus - That's £50 to play bingo, slots and more!*
Over 50 tracks to make you feel-good. New album out now...
Find your local four day weather report here.
What's happening on the roads where you are?
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
Get great deals and money off vouchers, plus find out more about who's advertising on Heart.