Following the death of a 10 year old boy after he was misdiagnosed by paramedics, South Western Ambulance Service have made training videos with his parents to stop it happening again.
Torbay: Fires Started By Home Appliances
Fire crews in Torbay were called to three fires within six days which all started in faulty electrical appliances.
At least one of the appliances, a dishwasher, appears on the manufacturer's recall list.
Devon & Somerset Fire & Rescue Service is urging people to check the electrical appliances in their homes against the product recall lists on the following websites before a faulty appliance causes another fire:
Station Manager Darren Peters said: "Often manufacturers have tried to recall faulty products, but recalls typically have limited success with an average of only 10-20% of products returned.
"This means that there are potentially millions of faulty products in British homes."
- A washing machine fire in Upton Road, Torquay, on 28 June,
- A dishwasher fire in Higher Rydons, Brixham, on 3 July,
- A dishwasher fire in Rosemary Gardens, Paignton, on 4 July.
The make of dishwasher in the Brixham incident was on the manufacturer's recall list, with a risk of overheating and fire.
Advice on fitting and checking smoke alarms can be found on the Service's website: CLICK HERE
£5,000 worth of damaged caused in just 5 seconds.
Devon and Cornwall Police launch new anti-hate crime campaign
'Minds that matter', to encourage more teenagers to talk about mental health
Recently Played Tracks
Deposit £10 to get a £40 Welcome Bonus - That's £50 to play bingo, slots and more!*
Over 50 tracks to make you feel-good. New album out now...
Find your local four day weather report here.
What's happening on the roads where you are?
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
Get great deals and money off vouchers, plus find out more about who's advertising on Heart.