Developers claimed the new racing track in Ebbw Vale would create thousands of new jobs.
7 Things About Porthcawl Elvis Festival
The Porthcawl Elvis Festival is BACK!
It's on across the weekend with impersonators and tribute acts from around the world performing Elvis' more than 100 songs.
Here are 7 things about it you may not know about the event with some our favourite pictures of The King himself!
1) It's the largest Elvis event in Europe!
2) THOUSANDS of Elvis fans come to Wales and the seaside town of Porthcawl for it!
3) More than 100 Elvis shows feature across the weekend.
4) It was started when Porthcawl Grand Pavillion was under threat of closure.
5) It's now in its TWELTH year!
6) It's good fun... but the music is taken VERY seriously!
7) If you want to act like you're in the know... make sure you call it 'The Elvies'! (That's the nickname!!)
The First Minister says the Conservatives deal with the DUP is unacceptable.
Computer scientists from Cardiff University looked at how social media could be used as a source of information for police
Sean O'Brien scored one of the greatest tries in British and Irish Lions history
Most Viewed Pictures On Heart
Recently Played Tracks
To listen live, choose your preferred station:
Now playing: The best feel good music
Deposit £10 to get a £40 Welcome Bonus - That's £50 to play bingo, slots and more!*
Over 50 tracks to make you feel-good. New album out now...
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.