One of Cambridgeshire's oddest traditions gets under way this morning...
What the Autumn Statement means for Wales
The Chancellor has set out his plans for the country's finances in the Autumn Statement.
Here's how the announcements will impact on people in Wales.
What it means for your wages ...
- The amount you can earn before being tax will go up to £12,500 by 2020
- National Living Wage will rise from £7.20 to £7.50 an hour from April 2017
- Employee and employer National Insurance thresholds at #157 per week
- The "triple lock" system to increase the value of state pensions will stay
- The government's not planning further cuts to welfare and benefits
- The tax on insurance premiums will rise from 10 per cent to 12 per cent
- Fuel duty will be frozen, saving drivers in Wales around £10 on every tank
What it means for Wales ...
- The Welsh Government’s budget will rise by more than £400 million by 2021
- £1m from fines on the banks will go towards the Wales Air Ambulance
- Swansea will receive a "city deal" similar to the £1.2bn deal for Cardiff
- The UK government will consider plans for a growth deal for North Wales
What it means for the UK ...
- The Chancellor has scrapped a previous promise to deliver a budget surplus
- The government will investment £2bn in research and development by 2020-21
- The government has pledged to increase the number of prison officers
- The government will ban letting agents from charging tenancy fees in England
- Corporation tax will fall to 17 per cent - one of the lowest levels in the G20
The first rail freight service from the UK to China has arrived.
The owner of an Indian restaurant in Newport has been fined for "serious" hygiene offences.
Ambulance crews are marking the first anniversary of a crash which killed an ambulance driver in North Wales.
Most Viewed Pictures On Heart
Recently Played Tracks
To listen live, choose your preferred station:
Now playing: The best feel good music
Deposit £10 to get a £40 Welcome Bonus - That's £50 to play bingo, slots and more!*
Over 50 tracks to make you feel-good. New album out now...
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.