Heart Wales: Music Minute Terms and Conditions
Read the terms and conditions for Music Minute.
Volvo Ocean Race Music Minute on Heart Wales
1 The following rules (“Rules”) together with Global Radio’s ("Global Radio ") general and competition terms and conditions (the “Terms and Conditions”) (which can be found at www.heart.co.uk/terms-conditions apply to the Volvo Ocean Race Music Minute radio competition ("the Competition") which will run from Monday 21st May 2018 to Friday 25th May 2018 (“the Duration”). The "Radio Station" is Heart Wales.
2 Anyone who enters the Competition (an “Entrant”) will be deemed to have understood these Rules along with the Terms and Conditions and will be bound by them. The Terms and Conditions are available on request from the Radio Station.
Details of the Competition:
1 To enter the Competition an Entrant must send a text message with the word BAY to 82122 (the “Text Message Line”). Text messages will be charged at standard network rates. The Text Message Line will be open continuously from 4pm on Friday 18th May 2018 until 4pm Friday 25th May 2018. All texts received will go into a draw for the presenter to select a contestant each weekday afternoon during the competition period. A contestant will be drawn at random from all entries. If contestants can’t answer at the time of the pre-recorded competition (between the hours of 2pm and 5pm), they will be put back into the draw until the following day and another contestant will be drawn.
2 Music Minute is a pre-recorded competition. It is broadcast on Heart Drive weekdays between 5:30 and 6PM and it is normally pre-recorded between midday and 4PM the day of broadcast. If entrants are not available at that time they will be put back into the draw with a chance of being re-drawn the next day.
3 One contestant each weekday must answer as many music related questions in a minute as possible.
4 The number of questions asked within the minute is variable according to the speed in which the player answers. A clear answer must be given in order to progress to the next question. A player cannot “pass” and must say a word other than “pass” to move on to the next question.
5 Ultimate discretion on the validity of an answer rests with the Heart Wales presenter or producer
6 Once the audible indicator that the minute has elapsed has sounded no further answers will be counted. If they are given but deemed by the presenter or producer to be after the sound they will not be counted. If the presenter has begun reading a question when the end of the minute is sounded it will not be continued and can not be answered.
7 There will be one prize given at the end of the week to the. The contestant who achieves the highest score of the week will win a Family day out and overnight stay as detailed below.
8 In the event that any contestant scores the same number of correct answers as a previous player, the first player to reach that score will be the winner - e.g. a Monday contestant scores 7 and a Tuesday contestant also scores 7, the Monday contestant would win as the first person to record that high score.
1 All entrants must be over 18.
Multiple entries are permitted – you can enter as many times as you like. However, if you are drawn to play the game, in the interests of fairness, you will not be asked to play again during the duration of the competition.
- 1 suite in the Radisson Blu hotel in Cardiff on 31st May 2018 for 2 adults & 2 children (16 years and under)
- One main dish per person from a street food vendor at the Ocean Race Stop-over festival
- Pre booked sailing session for 4 people at 11am 31st May 2018
- 4 x tickets for No Fit State Circus show Lexicon on 31st May 2018
- The following activities can be used at any time during the event at the Ocean Race stop-over festival
- 4 x tickets for the big wheel
- 4 x tickets for the climbing wall
- 4 x tickets for the zip wire
- The prize is non transferable
- No cash alternative is available
- No alternative date is available
- In the event of cancellation of the event, no alternative prize is available.
- Winner will be responsible for their own transport to and from the location
- Winner will be available for any addition costs in relation to the hotel stay such as room service, parking or other additional services not included in the room booking.