Big money grants given to local organisations
Millions Invested In Hertfordshire
The Government has today announced a £199.3m investment in Hertfordshire with £53.3m has already been locked-in for the county.
Health Minister Jeremy Hunt came to a Bio Campus in Welwyn Garden City today to announce the key features of the deal for Hertfordshire:
- Major improvements to transport links to relieve congestion, reduce journey times and help businesses grow across Hertfordshire by improving links between London and local towns.
- Extending the Metropolitan underground line
- New stations at Cassiobridge and Watford Vicarage Road and work to reduce congestion on the A602 and Buslink 2016.
- A new Growth Hub offering specialist advice to small businesses on how they can grow and access markets.
- Support for life sciences, a key sector in Hertfordshire, with investment at the Stevenage Bioscience Catalyst and Rothamsted Research campus to increase the research facilities and capability.
- Three Growth Area Forums will be established covering A1(M), M11/A10 and M1/M25, which bring together local partners to accelerate housing delivery
New Council HQ, Library and Register Office Opens
1000 Redundancies To Be Made As Welham Green Distribution Centre Shuts, 500 Staff To Be Redeployed
The siblings targeted vulnerable people across the South East
Recently Played Tracks
Deposit £10 to get a £40 Welcome Bonus - That's £50 to play bingo, slots and more!*
Over 50 tracks to make you feel-good. New album out now...
Find your local four day weather report here.
What's happening on the roads where you are?
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
Find out more about some of the companies advertising on Heart Watford & Hemel Hemstead.
Get some great ideas on how to advertise your business on radio, online and on mobile.