Millions Invested In Hertfordshire
7 July 2014, 13:15
The Government has today announced a £199.3m investment in Hertfordshire with £53.3m has already been locked-in for the county.
Health Minister Jeremy Hunt came to a Bio Campus in Welwyn Garden City today to announce the key features of the deal for Hertfordshire:
- Major improvements to transport links to relieve congestion, reduce journey times and help businesses grow across Hertfordshire by improving links between London and local towns.
- Extending the Metropolitan underground line
- New stations at Cassiobridge and Watford Vicarage Road and work to reduce congestion on the A602 and Buslink 2016.
- A new Growth Hub offering specialist advice to small businesses on how they can grow and access markets.
- Support for life sciences, a key sector in Hertfordshire, with investment at the Stevenage Bioscience Catalyst and Rothamsted Research campus to increase the research facilities and capability.
- Three Growth Area Forums will be established covering A1(M), M11/A10 and M1/M25, which bring together local partners to accelerate housing delivery