Recycling your food waste has got easier
Warning Over Hertfordshire Phone Scam
Police are warning Hertfordshire residents to be on the alert after a number of people were telephoned by someone claiming to be bank staff or a police officer, asking for their bank details
On dates between July this year and November this year, there have been three instances where victims have lost money. A further seven incidents have been reported to police where no money was lost.
The victims include a 96 year old lady from Stevenage, a 76 year old man from Hertford and a 74 year old man from Watford.
Detective Sergeant Joseph Quinlivan from the Economic Crime Unit said: “All of these people did the right thing by calling police.
“We would always advise the public to follow this common sense advice:
1) Do not give any personal information (name, address, bank details, email or phone number) to organisations or people before verifying their credentials.
2) If you receive an email from an organisation you do not know, delete it and do not reply. For more on-line security visit www.getsafeonline.org.uk.
3) Be extremely wary of post, phone calls or emails offering you business deals out of the blue. If an offer seems too good to be true, it probably is. Always question it.
4) Do not phone a premium rate number (starting 09) or a number starting with 087 until you are sure how much it will cost and that you are happy to pay it. You can check premium rate numbers and those starting with 087 for authenticity with Payphone Plus www.phonepayplus.org.uk
5) If you need advice about fraud, call Action Fraud on 0300 123 2040 to discuss your situation with a specialist fraud advisers. To report a fraud, you can either use the online fraud reporting form or make your report by calling 0300 123 2040.
Councillors calling for a better deal for the city's cyclists
Hertfordshire Constabulary officer is recognised at the National Police Bravery Awards
Two men jailed, one for murder one for the manslaughter of Adam Watt
Recently Played Tracks
Now playing: The best feel good music
Deposit £10 to get a £40 Welcome Bonus - That's £50 to play bingo, slots and more!*
Over 50 tracks to make you feel-good. New album out now...
Find your local four day weather report here.
What's happening on the roads where you are?
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
Find out more about some of the companies advertising on Heart Watford & Hemel Hemstead.
Get some great ideas on how to advertise your business on radio, online and on mobile.