Watford Hospital - "Extremely Busy"
16 December 2014, 14:02
West Herts NHS Trust say they are on "red alert" status at Watford General Hospital.
Yesterday, the West Herts NHS had raised the load-level to the "extremely busy BLACK" status.
But even with RED ALERT - NHS bosses are still asking patients to think very carefully about going straight to Watford's A&E - if they really don't have to.
Extra medics have been brought in to cope with the demand.
Again today, all patients, unless they have serious conditions are being encouraged to go to the St Albans Minor Injuries clinic at St Albans Hospital (9am-8pm).
The Urgent Care Centre at Hemel Hempstead Hospital is also open around the clock.
When to use A&E
- Those who have fits which isn't stopping
- Those who have a persistent and severe chest pain
- Those with breathing difficulties
- Those who have lost consciousness
- Those who have severe blood loss or where the bleeding doesn't stop