Spicy Butternut Squash Soup
Ingredients - Serves 2 – 3
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and chopped
- 1 vegetable stock cube, dissolved in 600ml (1 pint) hot water
- ¼ of a small red or green chilli (to taste)
- Sprinkling of paprika (to taste)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Garlic and herb croutons
- Crème fraiche
1. Put the butternut squash into a large saucepan and add the stock with the chilli & paprika
2. Bring to the boil, cover, reduce the heat and simmer for about 15 - 20 minutes until the butternut squash is tender.
3. Transfer the soup to a liquidiser or food processor and blend until smooth.
4. Return to the saucepan and reheat gently.
5. Add a teaspoon of crème fraiche along with the croutons and serve with bread.
Bank Holiday Weekend at Kingfisher Shopping Centre
- 3 days of local flavours, food and fun!
Have a delicious weekend!
Over 140 stores, 16 Cafes & Restaurants, 7 Screen Cinema
Open 7 days a week until late
Recently Played Tracks
Now playing: Non-stop hit music