Families of the victims of the Birmingham pub bombings have had a request for legal aid granted just days before inquest proceedings into the 1974 terror attacks are due to get under way.
£11Bn for the Midlands Growth
Lord Heseltine launched his major report on economic growth in Birmingham on Wednesday the 31st of October.
- The Government to set out clearly a comprehensive national growth strategy.
- Create a National Growth Council, chaired by the Prime Minister.
- Local Enterprise Partnerships to develop their own tailored local economic plans. From 2015-16 they would compete for a share of a single national pot to support growth over a five year period.
- Under the current spending review this would account for £49bn of central public spending on skills, local infrastructure, employment support, housing, business support services and innovation. This would be supplemented by the current approximate £9bn of European common strategic framework funds.
- Government and private sector to work together to create a strong, locally based business support infrastructure.
- All sectors of industry to have a formal relationship with a government department, building on the examples in the automobile and aerospace industries.
- Lord Heseltine presented his report to the Chancellor of the Exchequer and the Business Secretary Vince Cable. The Government will now consider the recommendations.
A drug dealer from Birmingham who went on the run almost a decade's been jailed for more than 4 and a half years.
Kenichi Philips was shot dead as he sat in a parked car in Ladywood in March.
Jamaican born Douane Brown will spend at least 21 years in jail for the killing.
Recently Played Tracks
Deposit £10 to get a £40 Welcome Bonus - That's £50 to play bingo, slots and more!*
Over 50 tracks to make you feel-good. New album out now...
Find your local four day weather report here.
What's happening on the roads where you are?
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
Find out more about some of the companies advertising on Heart.
Get some great ideas on how to advertise your business on radio, online and on mobile.