Jess Phillips MP has written to pupils at Holy Family Catholic Primary school, who were in Westminster yesterday.
Coventry Gang Jailed For Sex Attacks On Young Girls
Five Coventry men have been jailed after they were convicted of serious sexual offences against two girls.
The gang used social media for months to groom the girls online before arranging to meet them with the promise of gifts and shopping trips.
This led to the girls being picked up by taxis and taken to parties, or just dropped off at car parks, where the men would ply them with alcohol and drugs before abusing them.
The five were found guilty of 18 charges of rape, sexual assault and human trafficking against two girls who both gave evidence to the court detailing how they had been targeted.
Detective Chief Inspector Ian Green, from the force’s Public Protection Unit, welcomed today’s sentences. He said: "The sexual abuse of young girls is inexcusable.
"The effects can last a lifetime and I am determined that by working with the Horizon Team we can protect other vulnerable young people.
"Our investigation into Waqaar Khan’s network is still on-going and we are continuing to sift through thousands of texts to identify further potential victims and their abusers.
"I hope that these convictions will give others the courage to come forward."
The five men were sentenced as follows:
- Waqaar Khan aged 24, for two counts of human trafficking and three of rape – two and a half years and 12 years to run concurrently.
- Kadeem Bourne, aged 23, for two counts of human trafficking, one of sexual assault and one of rape – 18 months, 18 months and 12 years to run concurrently.
- Marcus Woolcock, aged 23, for one count each of human trafficking and sexual assault – two years and two and a half years to run concurrently.
- Zahid Choudhary, aged 20, for one count of human trafficking – 18 months.
- Kenan Kelly, aged 19, for one count of human trafficking, one of sexual assault and two counts of rape - two years, two and a half years and nine years to run concurrently. Kelly was also sentenced to one year for possession of class A drugs with intent to supply which will run consecutively.
Khan, Bourne and Kelly will be placed on the Sex Offender Register for life, whilst Woolcock will remain on it for five years.
A man's been found guilty of killing his ex-partner more than 35 years ago, thanks to advances in DNA.
Steven Sharpe has pleaded guilty to murdering Black Country teenager Camran Green during a robbery.
A man and two teenagers have been arrested on suspicion of child abduction after two missing schoolgirls were found in the early hours of Sunday morning.
Recently Played Tracks
Now playing: Non-stop hit music
Now playing: Non-stop hit music
Deposit £10 to get a £40 Welcome Bonus - That's £50 to play bingo, slots and more!*
Over 50 tracks to make you feel-good. New album out now...
Find your local four day weather report here.
What's happening on the roads where you are?
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
Find out more about some of the companies advertising on Heart.
Get some great ideas on how to advertise your business on radio, online and on mobile.