Get Lucky Daft Punk Feat. Pharrell & Nile Rogers Download 'Get Lucky' on iTunes
4 August 2014, 09:08
An elderly man has died following a house fire in Walsall started by a cigarette.
Emergency services were alerted yesterday evening (03/08/2014) to the fire at a property in Brackendale Drive on the Yew Tree Estate when a care line alarm went off.
Crews forced entry to the property and found a 63 year old man who had mobility issues - he was pronounced dead at the scene.
A spokesman for West Midlands fire service told Heart: "Two fire appliances attended a fatal fire at 18.35 hours yesterday at Brackendale Drive in Walsall.
"A 63 year old man was confirmed dead.
"The cause of the fire was confirmed as accidental and due to the careless disposal of smoking materials."
A West Midlands Ambulance Service spokesman said: "Crews arrived to find a property that had suffered a significant fire.
"Unfortunately, nothing could be done to save a man found in the property by the fire service, and sadly he was confirmed dead at the scene."