For maps, the latest road closures and up to date travel surrounding the Paradise development
What's Happening And When?
All the traffic and travel information you need when commuting in Birmingham around the Paradise Circus development.
We will update this page throughout the development
In Place Now
Bus routes 82, 83, 87 and 89 will be diverted via Newhall Street and Newhall Hill.
Summer Row Temporary Closures
Temporary restrictions to ALL vehicles between Lionel Street and Great Charles Street. Diversion route will be in place and signed.
ALL parking on Summer Row will be suspended.
Parade/Sand Pits Diversions for traffic travelling out of the city
Outbound traffic: Parade/Sand Pits closed to ALL vehicles. Diversion in place via Cambridge Street for vehicles travelling out of the city.
Traffic into city open to all vehicles with reduced lanes.
Broad Street Restrictions and Diversions for traffic into the city
Access on Broad Street restricted from Bridge Street to buses and Hackney Carriages only for traffic into city.
Local diversion routes will be in place and signed. This will be much like the temporary measures in place when the A38 tunnels were closed over the summer months.
A pedestrian and cycle route will be maintained throughout the works.
From May 10
Closure of Parade/Sand Pits for traffic into the city AND restricted lanes on all other approaches
- The northern link will be closed. Paradise will no longer be a circular road system.
- From Holliday Street and Suffolk Street Queensway northbound traffic will have NO access to the A38 South and the Town Hall car park.
- From Great Charles Street, traffic routes to the A38 South, Broad Street and Town Hall will be open as usual.
- The A38 tunnels will operate as normal.
- Closed to ALL inbound and outbound traffic
- Vehicle access on Broad Street will be restricted from Bridge Street, to buses and Hackney Carriages only for traffic into the city.
- Works continue with a series of temporary restrictions. Summer Row businesses will remain open as usual.
- Services 82, 83,87, 89, 10H and 126 will be diverted.
Pedestrians and cyclists
- Pedestrian and cycle access through Paradise will be maintained throughout, although the route through Paradise Forum will be changed this Summer.
From Sunday 21 June Great Charles Street northbound will have single lane traffic between Suffolk Street Queensway/Severn Street and Newhall Street.
Southbound off peak restrictions may also be required.
From Sunday 2 August Great Charles Street southbound will also have single lane traffic between Newhall Street and Suffolk Street Queensway/Brunel Street.
These single lane restrictions will remain in place until the completion of works in 2016.
Recently Played Tracks
Deposit £10 to get a £40 Welcome Bonus - That's £50 to play bingo, slots and more!*
Over 50 tracks to make you feel-good. New album out now...
Find your local four day weather report here.
What's happening on the roads where you are?
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
Find out more about some of the companies advertising on Heart.
Get some great ideas on how to advertise your business on radio, online and on mobile.