Disruption On The Trains
Loads happening on the trains across the West Midlands this morning (11/04/16). Find out whats happening here!
Problems on the trains at the moment because of a power failure.
Some services are suspended between New Street and Birmingham International and new Street and Wolverhampton. There’s also delays on routes that use those lines and other routes through New Street.
Some services are now running but Arriva Trains are the ones greatly affected.
Here's the latest (8.50am)
These services are affected:
Arriva Trains Wales between Birmingham International and Shrewsbury / Aberystwyth
CrossCountry between Nottingham and Cardiff Central, Newcastle and Reading and also between Birmingham New Street and Stansted Airport / Leicester
London Midland between Birmingham New Street and London Euston / Walsall / Longbridge / Rugeley Trent Valley / Lichfield Trent Valley / Redditch / Liverpool Lime Street / Northampton
Virgin Trains between Wolverhampton / Shrewsbury / Preston / Glasgow Central and London Euston and also between Holyhead / Edinburgh and Birmingham New Street
The following alterations will apply:
- London Midland services from London Euston will terminate at Birmingham International.
- London Midland services between Wolverhampton / Birmingham New Street and Walsall will be diverted and not call at stations between Birmingham New Street and Hamstead.
- Some Virgin Trains and CrossCountry services will not run between Birmingham New Street and Birmingham International
- Trains are currently unable to run between Birmingham New Street and Water Orton / Duddeston.
- Arriva Trains Wales services will not run between Birmingham International and Wolverhampton
- CrossCountry services will be delayed by up to 60 minutes
- Virgin Trains services will be delayed by up to 30 minutes
- Road transport is operating between Sutton Coldfield and Lichfield Trent Valley
Alternative travel options:
Virgin Trains passengers may use London Midland and CrossCountry on reasonable routes, and Chiltern Railways between Birmingham Moor Street and London Marylebone.
CrossCountry passengers may use Abellio Greater Anglia between Stansted Airport and London Liverpool Street / Peterborough and also East Midlands Trains, London Midland, Virgin Trains and Chiltern Railways on all reasonable routes.
Recently Played Tracks
On Radio: Anna Johnson
1am - 6am