Ed & Rachel's Summer Bucket List
It's Summer in the West Mids, which means 6 weeks of the kids being at home! Work your way through our bucket list with them!
We all know that kids want to do absolutely everything in the first week of the school holidays...
And that's part of the magic of Summer in the West Midlands! We live in such an incredible region with so many diverse activities and locations to go visit, all a short drive or train journey away.
So we've put together our 'Bucket List' of all the things you have to do across July and August before they start school again in September.
Take A Pedalo Out On A Lake.
- Ride a Pedalo swan on the River Avon past Warwick Castle, it's one of the best places to grab a selfie!
- Just off the M42 at J10 you can hire a pedalo at the Kingsbury Water Park.
- And in Wolverhampton, West Park has a fantastic boating lake with so many different options of Kayak's and Canoe's.
Dig Your Walking Shoes Out The Cupboard And Go For Long Walk.
If you've done the Lickies a few times why not try a few of our other favourites:
- It's one of the most famous walks in the West Midlands, but still one of our favourites, why not go for gorgeous walk on the Cannock Chase. Expect it to be foggy though, we're sure it's the foggiest place in the UK!
- You've got to go to the Shropshire Hills, not only is it a great walk, it's one big Geography lesson for the kids, with streams and rivers carving paths through the landscape.
Release Your Inner Mary Berry And Get Baking
There's nothing better than getting flour everywhere in the kitchen with the kids!
This is one of those bucket list items you've got to do when the weather turns in the summer holidays (and it's bound to rain at least once). So make sure you have plenty of baking ingredients in the house.
This also HAD to make it onto our list as we secretly want to see your amazing baking creations, and if you send your photos to us on Facebook or twitter it's a sure fire way to get a mention on the show!
Ed's Favourite: Rocky Road
- 100g butter, roughly chopped
- 300g dark chocolate, broken into squares
- 3 tbsp golden syrup
- 140g rich tea biscuits, roughly crushed
- 12 pink marshmallows, quartered using scissors
- 2 x 55g of Maltesers (my favourite), Milky Way or Crunchie
Rachel's Favourite: Red Velvet Cup Cakes
- 1 1/2 cups white wholemeal flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon red food colouring
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup lowfat (1-percent) buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
- Nonstick cooking spray, for coating ice cream scoop
- 8 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup icing sugar
Take A Selfie With Our A-Z List Of Animals.
First of all you're going to want to head to these amazing attractions over the 6 week holidays.
- West Midlands Safari Park in Bewdley (They've got the cutest baby Rhino!!!)
- Drayton Manor Zoo in Tamworth (15 acres and 100 Animals all in one place)
- Twycross Zoo
X.... (You Can Have Any Animal Here)
Sort The Kids Bedrooms Out And Head To The Car Boot!
Then get yourself to the IKEA in Wednesbury or Coventry and find yourself a few new storage boxes as no doubt they'll have more stuff than you ever thought they had.
- Wellesbourne Airfield Market - This awesome market is also open on a Saturday too!
- The Belfry - Every Sunday
- Market Field, Coleshill - Fridays
Recently Played Tracks
9pm - 1am
Text 'HEART' to 82122