Heart West Midlands - The Big App-Venture
Terms and Conditions for The Big App-Venture for Global's Make Some Noise
The Big App-Venture October 9th 2016
1) The following rules (“Specific Rules”) together with the general competition terms and conditions (which can be found at http://www.heart.co.uk/terms-conditions/competition/) (the “Competition Terms and Conditions”) of Global (as defined in the Competition Terms and Conditions) apply to The Big App-Venture event.
2) The Big App-Venture event is taking place on Sunday 9th October 2016 (the “Event”) beginning at (time tbc) (the “Start”). The Event will be promoted on-air on Heart West Midlands, Capital Birmingham & Smooth West Midlands from Monday 1st August 2016.
3) Anyone who enters the Event (an “Entrant”) will be deemed to have read and accepted the Specific Rules and the Competition Terms and Conditions and will be bound by them. The Competition Terms and Conditions contain important terms and conditions including, without limitation, terms and conditions relating to Health and Safety, Cancellation, Disqualification and Exclusion/Limitations on Global’s liability and it is imperative that each Entrant is aware of such terms, all of which apply to the Event.
4) Entrants will be asked to meet at a venue in Birmingham City Centre – they will check in with all their team members and be issued with an iPad. They will be set off to go and enjoy The Big App-Venture, which ends with a secret after party.
Entry Requirements and Eligibility
5) Entrants must be 10 years of age or over – anyone under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
6) To enter the Event, Entrants must register online in teams of two, three or four people (a “Team”) nominating one person to be the Team Captain (“Captain”). The Captain will be responsible for providing all the information requested by Global about the team.
7) Entrants must take part in the teams they signed up in. In the event that the Team, or any member of the Team, becomes unable to take part for any reason (e.g. ill-health) the Captain must notify Gaynor Martin at email@example.com immediately. The Team will not be able to participate with less than the registered number of participants; however, if the Team can replace the missing member(s) and fill out the relevant paperwork no later than 30 minutes prior to the Start time then the Team will be allowed to participate.
8) Each Team must pay a £40.00 non-refundable registration fee (“Registration Fee”) upon registration and places are allocated on a first come first served basis.
9) Each Team must raise funds for Global’s Make Some Noise equivalent to £200 per team. Teams must have raised a minimum of 80% of their fundraising target on or before 07 October 2016. Any Team that has not reached 80% by the Start of the Event will not be allowed to participate. Teams must have reached their 100% fundraising target by 08 November 2016. In the event that the Team withdraws from the Event, the Registration Fee will not be refunded and any monies raised prior to the date of cancellation should be paid to Global’s Make Some Noise.
10) Following registration each Captain will be sent a fundraising pack. Teams must carry out fundraising in accordance with the guidelines set out in the pack and/or all reasonable instructions of Global. Entrants must not use the Event for any commercial gain or to fundraise for any charity other than Global’s Make Some Noise.
11) Each Captain agrees to be responsible for the iPad issued to him or her and to return it in the condition it was issued in. Captain’s will be required to submit a form of ID in return for the iPad, this form of ID will be held securely by Global until the end of The Big App-Venture.
There will be a prize awarded to the team that scores the most points whilst on The Big App-Venture. Global reserves the right to issue more prizes if it so wishes. Judges decision is final.
Health and Safety
12) By registering for the Event, each Entrant is confirming that he or she is fit and able to participate in the Event. Any person under the age of 17 will need a medical consent form signed off by their parent/guardian.
13) Each Entrant is responsible for his or her own safety throughout the Event and any minors they have on their team. They must take every precaution to ensure that he/she does not endanger himself/herself or other Entrants or members of the public. All activities are undertaken at Entrants’ own risk.
14) Entrants must comply with all reasonable instructions from Global and its agents and representatives (including without limitation the stewards). In particular, Entrants must comply with all health and safety guidelines and instructions and all applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
15) Entrants agree to obey the law of the highway code.
16) The secret after party location will be revealed during The Big App-Venture. This will be held on licensed premises and I.D may be required for the purchase of alcohol. Global and the venue of the secret after party reserve the right to refuse alcohol to anyone that it deems to have had enough.
Recently Played Tracks
At 04:00 Early Breakfast with Jenni Falconer
At 06:00 Heart Breakfast with Russ Morris