Find your local four day weather report here.
Swindon to get free health checks
NHS Swindon and Swindon Borough Council are launching free health checks across the area in a bid to save 650 lives a year and prevent people developing long-term health problems.
The aims of the checks are to:
- Save 650 lives a year
- Prevent 1,600 strokes and heart attacks
- Prevent 4,000 people developing diabetes
- Detect 20,000 cases of diabetes and kidney disease earlier
It's estimated that preventing long-term health problems could save NHS Swindon thousands of pounds each year as well. Illnesses like diabetes, high blood pressure and kidney disease can often be prevented through simple lifestyle changes.
The health checks will be on-going now through the rest of the year across the town and are aimed at people aged between 40-74 with no previous history of high blood pressure, diabetes, kidney disease or stroke. This means more than 50,000 people in Swindon will be entitled to a check over.
All checks are open from 10am til 4pm ...
Thursday 18th February - Park South Community Centre
Friday 5th March - Park South Community Centre
Friday 12th March - Savernake Community Centre
Friday 19th March - Park South Community Centre
Saturday 27th March -The Pilgrim Centre, Regents Circus
What's happening on the roads where you are?
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
Find out more about some of the companies advertising on Heart.
Get some great ideas on how to advertise your business on radio, online and on mobile.
- Retail sales fell sharply as prices jumped before Christmas
- British man killed working on World Cup stadium in Qatar
- The Gambia parties for now but fears of post-election violence linger
- Chinese economic growth picks up for first time in two years
- Three dead after car hits people in Australian city of Melbourne