Green MEP advises holidays makers of their rights post-brexit
Wiltshire: Early Morning Burglaries
Wiltshire Police are investigating 'a series of' early morning burglaries in shops and petrol stations across Wiltshire.
They are telling Heart, since November 2014, there have been a number of separate but similar incidents involving a group of four or five men breaking into stores and stealing thousands of pounds worth of cigarettes.
The men all wear balaclavas or scarves covering their faces and dark gloves. The vehicles used by the group or groups are all thought to be stolen.
Kev Golledge, of Melksham CID, said: “Since November we have had a number of very similar incidents at shops and petrol stations across the county. All incidents have happened in the early hours of the morning, and usually involves a group of approximately four to five men, wearing balaclavas or scarves to cover their faces.
They are investigating the following incidents:
- The first incident happened at approximately 1.24am on Sunday 30th November 2014 at Woodborough Social Club in Pewsey. During the incident, the men cut through a barbed wire fence and used a crowbar to open the front door. The group left with chocolate and cigarettes. Two vehicles were used, including a Vauxhall Corsa.
- At approximately 2.37am on Monday 1st December 2014, the Co-op in Oxford Street, Aldbourne, was targeted. Offenders broke the locks on the main door and once inside, filled large builders bags with cigarettes. The first man was wearing a blue hooded top and black jacket, blue Adidas tracksuit bottoms with white stripes and black gloves. The second man was wearing a black balaclava and black jacket with red hooded top underneath, dark Adidas tracksuit bottoms with red stripes, black gloves and trainers. The third man was also wearing a black balaclava and gloves, a green bomber jacket, camouflage trousers and boots. The fourth man was wearing a black hooded top under a green wax jacket, a black scarf, bright green gloves and blue trousers.
- At 3.47am on Monday 1st December 2014, offenders targeted Co-op in The Borough, Downton, breaking in through the front door. Once inside, they filled a Jewson builders bag with cigarettes. The first man was wearing dark clothing. The second man was wearing a hooded blue and light grey jacket, dark tracksuit bottoms with a white stripe on each side, a balaclava and dark trainers. He was carrying what is believed to be a spade. The third man was tall, wearing a dark green hooded jacket, dark bottoms, wellies with buckles on the side and a balaclava. He was carrying a blue builders sack.
- At 12.21am on Friday 5th December 2014, offenders broke the metal shutters at Budgens in Hertford Road, Marlborough. Once inside, they filled builders rubble sacks with cigarettes. At approximately 12.15am, a dark coloured Audi convertible was seen on the forecourt of the garage. Three offenders got out of the vehicle and broke into the store. They filled large green plastic bags with cigarettes from behind the till before leaving the scene.
- At 12.40am on Monday 5th January 2015, offenders gained entry to Co-op in Oxford Street, Aldbourne. Once inside, they stole a large quantity of cigarettes and then left the scene at speed in a black vehicle, believed to be an Audi.
- On Monday 26th January 2015 at approximately 1.30am, McColls in Wroughton was burgled. Police believe four to six men were involved. They were all wearing dark clothing, and one of the offenders was wearing a tiger head hat. They spent approximately five minutes inside the store and filled a large brown bag with cigarettes. Alcohol was also taken. A silver car was seen near the store window.
- At approximately 11.39pm on Saturday 31st January 2015, a burglary took place at Shell filling station and shop at the Countess Services in Amesbury. A vehicle, believed to be a dark grey Mercedes C Class arrived on the forecourt from the A303 westbound carriageway, with five people inside. The offenders gained entry to the store through the front door, and once inside, removed a large quantity of cigarettes and tobacco, as well as a safe. The safe has since been recovered.
- The Collingbourne Ducis Spar was targeted at approximately 12.30am on Monday 2nd February 2015. Again, a large number of cigarettes were stolen from behind the shop counter. Three men, all with hoods up, one carrying an umbrella and one wearing a light coloured body-warmer, were spotted carrying white builders bags and leaving the scene in a hatchback vehicle in the direction of Marlborough.
They have released CCTV images of men and a vehicle police would like further information on in connection with these incidents.
New campaign highlights the dangers of soaking up too much of the sun
Festival goers told to expect more checks as they head into the Festival
Check out all the results for Wiltshire
Recently Played Tracks
Now playing: The best feel good music
Deposit £10 to get a £40 Welcome Bonus - That's £50 to play bingo, slots and more!*
Over 50 tracks to make you feel-good. New album out now...
Find your local four day weather report here.
What's happening on the roads where you are?
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
Find out more about some of the companies advertising on Heart.
Get some great ideas on how to advertise your business on radio, online and on mobile.