"I love your show - I call it Deface the Nation. But, you know, your show is sometimes not exactly correct."
Changes at Wiltshire Police
Wiltshire police are making big changes to the way they work, but the force insists it won't lead to longer response times.
From this week the number of response areas are being cut from nine to four and officers are having their shifts changed so there's more of them out at the most busy times, like Friday and Saturday night.
Staff are also being asked to change their shifts so there are more officers out at the most busy times, like Friday and Saturday nights.
officers are being told to work locally, and maximise their time outside the police station.
It's all part of a move to save 15 million pounds.
Chief Constable Brian Moore said:
‘We’ve listened to what the public have said and in designing the way we police the county as we move forward we’ve taken into account what the public say they value most in the police service.
‘There is a strong emphasis on keeping policing local in our new ways of working – people will still have their Neighbourhood Policing Team working in their community. We’re changing how our response officers work to make us more flexible and dynamic and provide the policing service you want at the times you want.
‘The changes reflect the need to save up to £15 million over four years, but in introducing new ways of working and doing things differently we continue to maintain good performance in tackling crime against a backdrop of an overall fall in crime over the last three years of 15%.’
Two Scottish fund management giants plotting a near-£11bn merger are to hand tens of millions of pounds in retention bonuses to star executives to prevent them quitting during the deal.
Police have closed down a quad biking and motocross event after one rider was killed and another seriously wounded in separate incidents.
A Qatari man who stabbed a British teacher to death and burned her body is set to be executed after a court upheld his death sentence.
Most Viewed Pictures On Heart
Find your local four day weather report here.
What's happening on the roads where you are?
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
Find out more about some of the companies advertising on Heart.
Get some great ideas on how to advertise your business on radio, online and on mobile.
- Woman shot in Willesden terror raid arrested after being discharged from hospital
- Whitehall terror suspect Khalid Mohamed Omar Ali 'a model pupil'
- Anthony Joshua 'could emulate Muhammad Ali' and become sporting icon
- Trident not 'a top priority', says Labour's Emily Thornberry
- 'Swiss Machine' climber Ueli Steck dies in fall near Mount Everest
- Hollywood writers' strike set to disrupt TV and film production
- Swayze's Dirty Dancing jacket sells for £48,000 despite niece's call to stop auction
- Harry Styles announces debut solo world tour
- Celebrity luxury event Fyre Festival turns to 'mass chaos'
- Liam Gallagher threatens 'war' with Damon Albarn and brother Noel