Police used mobile phone footage to prosecute a husband for sexually abusing his wife even though she refused to give evidence against him.
6 Charged Over Sheffield Child Sex Offences
Five men and a woman have been charged with child sexual offences relating to the alleged sexual exploitation of a number of girls in Sheffield.
There are 53 charges against them in total.
They relate to eight victims and the offences are alleged to have taken place in Sheffield between 2005 and 2012.
The people charged are:
* Christopher Whiteley, 22, formerly of Sheffield, is charged with 12 counts of rape, two counts of sexual assault, two counts of conspiracy to rape, conspiracy to arrange or facilitate child prostitution, conspiracy to cause or incite child prostitution, and one count of theft.
* Amanda Spencer, 24, formerly of Rotherham, is charged with eight counts of aiding and abetting rape, eight counts of arranging or facilitating child prostitution, and four counts of causing or inciting child prostitution.
* Matthew Whiteley, 23, of Hackenthorpe, is charged with two counts of sexual activity with a child, two counts of conspiracy to rape, conspiracy to arrange or facilitate child prostitution, and conspiracy to cause or incite child prostitution.
* Shane Whiteley, 29, of Hackenthorpe, is charged with two counts of conspiracy to rape, conspiracy to arrange or facilitate child prostitution, conspiracy to cause or incite child prostitution and attempting to cause or incite child prostitution.
* Andre Francis-Edge, 24, of Parson Cross, is charged with conspiracy to rape and conspiracy to arrange or facilitate child prostitution.
Some individuals are jointly charged on a number of offences.
Taleb Bapir, 38, of Burngreave, has been charged with rape.
All will appear before Sheffield Magistrates’ Court on Monday 21st March.
Anyone with concerns about child sexual exploitation should contact the police on 101 or the new national helpline Say Something on 116 000. Always call 999 in an emergency.
The family of a Leeds teacher stabbed to death by a student have lost their High Court challenge over the inquest
The family Ann Maguire have lost their challenge against a coroner's decision not to call evidence from pupils who had contact with her schoolboy killer immediately before the murder
Children and a police officer were injured after violence broke out after Sheffield United's away match at Middlesbrough
A father-of-two from West Yorkshire who told an undercover police officer he intended to join Islamic State (IS) and fight in Syria has been jailed for six years.
Most Viewed Pictures On Heart
Recently Played Tracks
Now playing: The best feel good music
Deposit £10 to get a £40 Welcome Bonus - That's £50 to play bingo, slots and more!*
Over 50 tracks to make you feel-good. New album out now...
Find your local four day weather report here.
What's happening on the roads where you are?