On Air Now
Early Breakfast with Jenni Falconer 4am - 6:30am
14 April 2015, 06:14 | Updated: 14 April 2015, 06:18
A Peterborough United fan has been issued with a court order banning him from football matches in the UK and England internationals abroad for two years.
The order was imposed on 22-year-old Andrew Bettles, of The Avenue, Blunham, Bedford, at Peterborough Magistrates' Court on April 8.
The Section 14b civil ban will last for two years and means that he cannot attend a regulated football match within the UK and cannot travel to England fixtures abroad.
PC Mark Wood said the ban was in response to Bettles' anti-social behaviour throughout the current season and his numerous attempts to fight visiting supporters.
He said: "Bettles' offending was all based around Peterborough United homes matches in the area of London Road and the city centre.
"The vast majority of the evidence outlined instances where he would confront away fans after the game and attempt to engage in disorder.
"He had previously ignored a ban from attending the football club and would turn up on match days to try to pick fights with fans."