Harpenden Christmas Carnival 2017
9 November 2017, 10:44 | Updated: 9 November 2017, 16:52
Join Heart in Harpenden for the Harpenden Christmas Carnival in the town centre on Sunday November 26th 2017!
Once again, we're excited to be heading to Harpenden for the 2017 Christmas Carnival, which culminates with the Christmas Light Switch On with the Mayor and his special guests at 17.00 on Sunday November 26th!
The Carnival will take place down the High Street with the famous Christmas Market running alongside. Father Christmas and his Elves will be stopping by again to visit the children of Harpenden, and the Christmas Lights will be switched on at 17.00 as the sun goes down.
Main attractions at event will include,
- Farmers Market – From12 noon till 6pm.
- Young Enterprise stalls – There will be 8 young enterprise stalls set along Bowers Parade (from Station Road)
- Charity Stalls – Ten charity chosen by the working party stalls will be placed on church green.
- Fun Fair – There'll be 17 fun fair attractions across the event site.
- Stage – There'll be a schedule of entertainers on the stage from 12.30pm till 6pm.
- Procession – A walking procession will take place at 3pm from Lydekker car park to Vaughn Road.
- Walkabout Entertainment provided by Scarlett Entertainment – Stilt Walkers will roam the event and take part in the procession!
- Harpenden Pantomime - They will roam the event and take part in the procession at 3pm.
- Santa’s Grotto – The Grotto will be based up Thompsons Close and will cost £2
The Stage Schedule includes;
1.00pm SW Dance
1.30pm Rock Choir
2.00pm Hursts Children’s Theatre Group
2.30pm Harpenden Concert Band
3.00pm Procession takes place
3.30pm Harpenden and Wheathampstead Gang Show
4.00pm Magic Voices Contemporary Choir
4.20pm Heart Radio
4.25pm Rock Choir
4.45pm Harpenden Panto
5.00pm Lights Switch on
What's on, when?
12 – 6.00pm Farmers’ Market, Charity and Young Enterprise stalls, Fun Fair and other attractions around town.
12.30pm – 5.30pm Santa’s Grotto. £2 entry. Closed between 2.45 – 3.30pm.
1.00pm - Stage Entertainment
3.00pm - Procession along High Street
3.30pm - Walkabout Entertainment
4.20pm - Entertainment on stage!
5.00pm - Lights Switch on by Town Mayor and poster competition winner
Free parking at Station car parks from 12 noon.