On Air Now
Heart Breakfast with JK and Kelly Brook 6:30am - 10am
5 November 2016, 07:17 | Updated: 5 November 2016, 07:21
After Suffolk police faced criticism this week for the way they're handling the search for missing RAF serviceman Corrie McKeague, his mum has told Heart that she's happy with the search efforts so far.
Speaking to us yesterday, Nicola Urquhart, said "I had a few issues with a few things I wanted to discuss with (the police), however we've spoken at length and I'm feeling much happier now about the investigation and the way things are being taken forward".
23 year-old Corrie was last seen 6 weeks ago today after a night out with friends in Bury St Edmunds.
Ms Urquhart's asking anyone who might have spoken to Corrie the night he went missing - to come forward. She said "if you spoke to Corrie that night,... if you saw him before he went missing... because he has just evaporated at 3:25, there is not one single sighting of him, not one image on CCTV, so it's about talking to people who perhaps did see him."
She added "if it is the case that somebody's perhaps given him a lift... and something accidental has happened to him after that... please let us know where you dropped him off."
Suffolk Police have issued a statement saying "We all share the same aim - to find Corrie."
They say "Work to find him continues. To date a huge area has been searched, hundreds of hours of CCTV have been viewed and dozens of people have been traced and spoken to. Enquiries are being made to identify all of those who were out in the town in the early hours of Saturday 24th September in a bid to find out what has happened and officers continue to ask anyone who was there to come forward."
A leaflet's being handed out this week to homes in Central Bury, asking people to come forward with any information they might have.