Norwich Vs Ipswich 1-1

10 May 2015, 08:12 | Updated: 10 May 2015, 08:41

Norwich Ipswich Game

Norwich and Ipswich say everything is to play for, after it's been decided the teams will go up against each other again next weekend.

The teams ended 1-1 yesterday afternoon at Portman Road in the first leg of their Championship play-off semi-final.

It means the Canaries and The Tractor Boys will play again next Saturday, this time at Carrow Road.

Speaking to Sky Sports News after the game yesterday, Norwich Manager Alex Neil said: "I think both teams go in sort of level pegging. We've seen how tight the game was today so I'm expecting a similar encounter at our place. But I'm hoping that our quality comes out in the end and hopefully we can get there."

Meanwhile Mick McCarthy, the Ipswich manager, said: "We've played well. I'll settle for playing like that next week.

"I am full of admiration for my side. To go behind when we are actually playing well and to come back shows everything what my team is about.

"For us, I will take that. Now, we have to win at Norwich."

It seems the players are also up for the challenge. Ipswich defender Luke Chambers told Sky Sports News: "It's all to play for and we'll be looking forward to next week."

Norwich midfielder Jonny Howson said: "Both teams were going for it. It's settled nicely now. Roll on next Saturday."

Portman Road

Police have thanked fans for showing 'good spirit' and not getting into too much trouble.

Five men were arrested after the game but officers say they are pleased it wasn't more.

  • A 28-year-old man from Norwich was arrested on suspicion of a football offence (throwing a missile onto the pitch)

  • A 54-year-old man and a 29 year old man both from Ipswich were arrested in connection with a Section 5 Public Order Act offence. 

  • A 17-year-old boy from Cromer was arrested on suspicion of a racially aggravated public order offence. 

  • A 23-year-old man from Ipswich was also arrested on suspicion of a racially aggravated public order offence.