Girl Dies After Bouncy Castle Blows Away In Harlow
27 March 2016, 06:18 | Updated: 27 March 2016, 11:09
A young girl has died after the bouncy castle she was playing on blew away.
Two people have been arrested on suspicion of manslaughter by gross negligence following the incident in Harlow on Saturday afternoon, Essex Police said.
East of England Ambulance Service said crews were called to Harlow Town Park shortly after 4pm to reports that a girl had been seriously injured when the bouncy castle she was on blew "some distance'' away.
The girl, whose age police have not confirmed, was treated by ambulance crews and the Herts and Essex air ambulance and taken to Princess Alexandra Hospital, where she later died.
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service said: "Our thoughts are with the friends and family involved on this sad day.''
A spokeswoman for the Health and Safety Executive said it was assisting police.
Among the tributes at the park's entrance is an Easter basket while another card on a bunch of flowers reads: "God has taken a beautiful girl for his angel. RIP Princess.''
It is believed the dome-shaped inflatable carrying the girl, from Norwich, blew over a number of trailers and caravans in the park and landed down a hill.
Detectives from the Kent and Essex serious crime directorate, which is leading the investigation, have appealed for anyone with video footage of what happened to contact them.
Detective Inspector Daniel Stoten said: "This is a very tragic incident where a young girl has lost her life. My deepest sympathies go out to her family.
"We are trying to establish the circumstances surrounding how the girl came to be injured and I urge anyone who was at the event and witnessed the incident to contact me.''
The two people arrested are a 24-year-old woman and a 27-year-old man, both from Cambridgeshire, police said.