Bolbeck Park Murder Victim Named

20 February 2017, 19:55 | Updated: 20 February 2017, 19:58

Hang Yin Leung

Thames Valley Police have named the woman who died a few weeks after a violent robbery in her house in Milton Keynes.

Formal identification of the victim took place today (20th Feb) and she has been identified as being Hang Yin Leung, 64, of Milton Keynes.

At around 6pm on Tuesday, 31 January, she was in a property in Orne Gardens, Bolbeck Park, when a man knocked on her front door.

She closed the door on him and said she was alone.

A short while later the man knocked on the door again, the victim opened the door and six men rushed passed her.

The victim was knocked to the floor and one of the men held her down with a hand over her mouth.

The other men then searched the property and stole cash and jewellery. The men then left running down Orne Gardens to Lacy Drive.

The offender who came to the door is white, 6ft 2 ins, of large build, with a wide face, wearing a baby blue sweater with a high neck and jeans. He was also wearing fingerless gloves.

The other men were white, with their faces covered. All were wearing dark tops and jogging bottoms or jeans.

Officers attended the scene to respond to the incident.

The next day (Feb 1st), as the victim was giving a statement to police officers, Hang Yin Leung became unwell and was taken to Milton Keynes University Hospital where she was admitted.

She remained in hospital until Saturday 11th February where she died.

A Home Office Post-Mortem examination took place on Thursday (16/2) and, as a result, a murder investigation was launched.

The victim’s next of kin are continuing to be supported by a Family Liaison Officer.

Det Insp Andy Shearwood, from Thames Valley Police’s Major Crime unit, said:

"A team of detectives is continuing to work to establish the circumstances of how Hang Yin Leung died. I believe there are likely to have been between four and six men ‘cold calling’ on doors in the area.

I would still urge anyone who saw anything suspicious or any vehicles you did not recognise between the hours of 4pm and 8pm on Tuesday 31 January in Orne Gardens or the surrounding area to contact police. Your information, regardless of how insignificant you believe it may be, could be important to the investigation."