On Air Now
Heart Breakfast with Jamie Theakston and Amanda Holden 6:30am - 10am
22 November 2018, 08:34 | Updated: 22 November 2018, 10:22
A man's been treated for breathing in smoke after escaping from a fire in his flat in Silbury Boulevard last night.
Bucks Fire and Rescue were called at just before 9pm on Wednesday (21st November) to a second floor flat, Silbury Boulevard (between Lloyds Court and the Library).
More than 20 firefighters from Broughton, Great Holm, Newport Pagnell, Bletchley and the turntable ladder form Great Holm attended, along with two officers.
Firefighters used four sets of breathing apparatus, two main jets, one hose reel and two positive pressure ventilation fans to help clear smoke throughout the building.
Paramedics treated one man for the effects of breathing in smoke.
Bucks Fire and Resceu say the flat was 100 per cent damaged by the fire.
While in attendance, firefighters stemmed a water leak affecting a separate flat.
Firefighters returned to the building overnight with thermal imaging cameras to check for hots spots.
?? Shara Ratnayaka