Hatfield Man Guilty Of Killing 23 Year-Old

5 July 2018, 19:49 | Updated: 5 July 2018, 19:58

Daniel Frazer-Traille

A man from Hatfield has been found guilty of the murder of Jamil Sarki at St Albans Crown Court today (Thursday 5th July) and two others have been found guilty of manslaughter.

Jamil, 23, from Romford, was stabbed in the Ethelred Close area of Welwyn Garden City in January, at around 10.20pm on Thursday, 18th.

He was found wounded nearby in Ludwick Way, having sustained a fatal stab wound to his heart and two stab wounds to his arm, he later died of his injuries there.

Jamil's friend was also assaulted during the incident and sustained a hip injury.

Daniel Frazer-Traille (pictured) aged 29, of Jasmine Gardens, Hatfield, has been found guilty of murder and attempted GBH.

Two other men have been found guilty of manslaughter and attempted GBH.

They are:

  • Vinnie Bradshaw, aged 19, of Bassingburn Walk, Welwyn Garden City
  • Keith Coventry, aged 35, of The Close, Chingford

The court heard how Vinnie Bradshaw had travelled to London in order to collect money from an associate on Thursday, January 18. He arrived back in Welwyn Garden City later that day.

In the evening, Jamil and his friend travelled from East London to Welwyn Garden City, to recover the money from Vinnie on behalf of another person.

During the meet-up to handover the money, an altercation ensued which cost Jamil his life.

Detective Inspector Phil Moss, from the Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire Major Crime Unit, said:

"The jury have today found a man guilty of murder and have convicted two others of manslaughter and, while nothing will make up for the loss of Jamil, I hope that his family feel that some justice has been served.

The tragic way in which Jamil lost his life highlights the dangers that carrying a knife can bring, and I hope that it makes anyone who might be tempted to carry a knife, think differently about doing so."

Another 18 year-old from Welwyn Garden City, who was charged with murder and GBH was cleared of the charges during the trial.