Hemel Burglary Of Highly Individual Jewels
24 August 2018, 13:05 | Updated: 24 August 2018, 13:08
Very distinctive jewellery's been stolen in Hemel Hempsted - one so's specific to an individual it's got their name and date of birth.
The heart-shaped locket wishing Joanna Happy Birthday was amongst a number of items taken from Bulbourne Close after someone got in through the back door.
Detectives investigating a burglary in Hemel Hempstead are appealing for witnesses and information. Between 11.10am and 9.45pm on Sunday, August 19 entry was forced to an address in Bulbourne Close via a rear door.
A number of items were then stolen from the property, including:
- An antique, gold, ladies necklace with a heart shaped locket, engraved with the message 'Happy Birthday Joanna 2.3.90'
- An antique, gold, ladies bracelet which had numerous charms attached to it; including a small dog, an old £1 note in a box, an opening church, an anchor, a ship's wheel and an Eiffel Tower
- A men's silver Armani wrist watch, with the message 'To Adrian Love Joanna 11/10/03' engraved on the back of the case
- A Welsh gold sapphire and diamond bracelet
- Cash in sterling and Euros
Detective Constable Peter Spiers, from the Hemel Local Crime Unit, said:
"The stolen jewellery is of great sentimental value to the victims who are understandably upset by what has happened. The items are very distinctive and I would ask anyone who thinks they may have come across them to please get in touch."
Anyone with information is asked to contact DC Spiers via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling the non-emergency number 101, quoting crime reference 41/29114/18. You can also report information online at www.herts.police.uk/Report.
Alternatively, you can contact the independent crime-fighting charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or through their Anonymous Online Form at www.crimestoppers-uk.org. No personal details are taken, information cannot be traced or recorded and you will never need to go to court.