Little Harrowden murder - victim named

25 June 2019, 19:02 | Updated: 25 June 2019, 19:04


Police investigating the murder of a man in Little Harrowden have today released his identity as Stevie Pentelow, 44 of Kettering.

Mr Pentelow, was stabbed during an incident in Hardwick Road at around 8.30pm on Friday, 21st June.

He died in hospital in the early hours of Saturday morning.

A post-mortem examination carried out at Leicester Royal Infirmary found he died as a result of a stab wound.

Detective Chief Inspector Joe Banfield, from the East Midlands Special Operations Unit Major Crime Team, is leading the murder investigation and said:

"Our condolences are with Stevie’s loved ones at this very distressing time. Specialist officers continue to support them as our team works to bring those responsible for his death to justice.

We have now charged two people with Stevie’s murder and made a number of further arrests, but this remains an active, fast-moving investigation and there are still people we wish to talk to.

I would urge anyone who has any information which could help our investigation to do the right thing and get in touch as soon as possible.”

Witnesses or anyone with information are asked to call Northamptonshire Police on 101, stating incident number 19000321473. Alternatively, they can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

Two people appeared at Northampton Magistrates’ Court earlier today, Tuesday, 25th June, charged with Mr Pentelow’s murder.

Levar Thomas, 20, of Knox Road, Wellingborough, and Sophie Hughes, 28, of Faraday Court, Thrapston, were both remanded into custody ahead of an appearance at Northampton Crown Court.

An 18 year-old Wellingborough man arrested on suspicion of murder last night remains in police custody.

A 38 year-old Wellingborough man arrested yesterday on suspicion of assisting an offender has today been released under investigation.

A 15 year-old boy from Wellingborough was arrested earlier today on suspicion of murder and remains in police custody.

Two other men arrested on Friday in connection with the incident were released with no further action taken.