Milton Keynes Man Jailed For Child Sexual Offences
19 August 2016, 07:36 | Updated: 19 August 2016, 07:41
A man from Milton Keynes has been jailed for 16 years for sexual offences against children in what's being described as a "landmark case".
Following a Thames Valley Police investigation, Stuart Goodman, aged 37, of Williams Close, Hanslope, Milton Keynes, was sentenced at Aylesbury Crown Court after pleading guilty to a total of 17 counts including offences of conspiring to commit sexual offences against children and the possession and distribution of indecent images.
He pleaded guilty on Thursday (11/8) at the same court to two counts of conspiracy to cause a child aged under 13 years to engage in sexual activity abroad, one count of conspiracy to rape a child under 13 years abroad, and one count of distribution of indecent photographs of a child.
Goodman had also previously pleaded guilty to 13 counts of possession of or making of indecent images of children at an earlier hearing on 17 May.
Goodman received an extended sentence of 16 years’ imprisonment for conspiracy to rape a child abroad with sentences for the other offences to run concurrently.
The offences took place between 1 April 2011 and 30 April 30 2011 and were against girls aged between three and six years old, who are believed to be from the Philippines.
He was arrested on 29 April 2015 and was charged with the offences on 4 March 2016.
Investigating officer Det Con Kathryn Combstock, from Milton Keynes Local Area CID, said: "Thames Valley Police treats all sexual offences extremely seriously and every effort is made to locate offenders and bring them before the courts. This is a landmark case - His Honour Judge Sheridan said he believed was the first conviction of its kind for the offence of conspiracy to rape a child abroad. It reflects the depravity of the crimes and will give Goodman a significant amount of time to reflect upon his actions in prison.
"In this case the victims were young children, believed to be vulnerable children living in poor communities in the Philippines who have been exploited. Goodman believed this entitled him to conspire to commit these sexual offences against them, undoubtedly causing them untold lifelong pain and suffering."
Adrian Foster, Chief Crown Prosecutor for Thames and Chiltern Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) said: "This case involved Stuart Goodman using an internet webcam sex site to direct others abroad to commit depraved acts of child sexual abuse as well as the making, possession and distribution of indecent images of children and the possession of prohibited images of children.
"On 29 April 2015, a warrant was executed at Goodman’s home address in Milton Keynes and computer equipment seized and analysed. Hundreds of indecent images of children were found along with evidence indicating that Goodman had been communicating with women abroad via legitimate webcam sex sites and requesting and watching the live sexual abuse of children for his own sordid sexual gratification.
"The combined actions of Goodman and the facilitators in the Philippines contributed to the necessity for the continued sexual abuse of children. If there was no demand there would be less likelihood for the need to supply. The young age and vulnerability of the children greatly increases the seriousness of the offences.
"We have worked closely with Thames Valley Police since this investigation was launched and as a result of the hard work and diligence of the prosecution team, a just outcome has been achieved. The CPS takes all allegations of sexual offences extremely seriously and will continue to vigorously prosecute all such offenders."