MK - Donate A Coat To Help The Homeless
30 November 2016, 00:00
There's a chance to help the homeless survive the harsh winter weather in Milton Keynes today - by donating any unwanted coats and jackets.
Milton Keynes resident, Karen Phillips caught sight of the London Underground campaign to collect winter coats for the homeless and immediately sent a simple tweet to other residents, "Do we do this in MK? Can we do this is MK?".
Within minutes Karen had her answer. "I’ve been overwhelmed by the instant reaction and offers of support, said Karen. It’s phenomenal! Coats are already pouring in and I’m so proud that Milton Keynes has shown what a great city it is for reacting in such a positive way."
As the cold weather draws nearer, didn’t your mum, didn't someone always tell you to “Put your coat on, wrap up warm!” Putting on a warm coat is something that most of us take for granted, for others it’s a luxury.
So today (Wednesday 30th November), it's the official launch for Wrap Up Warm MK between 7am and 945am at Milton Keynes Central Railway station where commuters will be asked to donate their unwanted winter coats.
The campaign will run until Sunday 18th December.
Karen is simply asking for donations of adult winter coats, which are clean and in good condition. Working in conjunction with local organisations who offer support for the vulnerable and those at risk, Karen has quickly secured a number of drop off points around Milton Keynes:
- Bar Bar Community Arts Bar, 16 The Square, Wolverton (Danny Quinn & Georgie Tillery)
- St Andrew's Baptist Church, St Andrews Road Bletchley MK3 5DR
- Metro Bank - Oakgrove Branch MK10 9SU (Kerry Reynolds)
- The Frank Moran Centre, Melrose Avenue, Bletchley, MK6 3PA
- West Bletchley Town Council, 221 Whaddon Way, Bletchley, MK3 7DZ
- Lovat Hall, Newport Pagnell, MK16 0EG
- Stonedean Practice, Health Centre, Stony Stratford, MK11 1YA
- The Galleon Pub, Old Wolverton, MK12 5NL
- Stony Stratford Library, 5-7 Church St, Stony Stratford, MK11 1BD