You Special Enough To Fight Crime In Northants?
10 January 2015, 06:05 | Updated: 10 January 2015, 06:17
The next stage in Northamptonshire Police's drive to recruit more Special Police Constables "Specials" takes place from next week.
These are the first of this year’s upcoming Application and Competency Awareness Evenings and if you're interested in becoming a special constable organisers say it's probably best to book a place to avoid disappointment.
The events provide advice and guidance about the application and recruitment process and are being held across the county at the locations below.
- Brackley - at the Town Hall, NN13 7AB on 4 February (6.30-9.30pm)
- Corby - at the Cube, NN17 6ER on 26 January (6.30-9.30pm) and 17 March (6.30-9.30pm)
- Daventry - at the Council Chamber, Lodge Road, NN11 4FP on 15 January (6.30-9.30pm)
- Northampton - at the Police Force Headquarters, Wootton Hall, NN4 0JQ on 24 January (4.00-7.00pm), 9 February (6.30-9.30pm), 28 February (4.00-7.00pm) and 14 March (4.00-7.00pm)
- Rushden - at Rushden Hall, Hall Park, NN10 9NG on 4 March (6.30-9.30pm)
Places can be booked at www.northants.police.uk/#!/SpecialConstabulary/14103 and the team can be emailed at SpecialsRecruitment@northants.police.uk with any questions.
Meanwhile recruitment events for people interested in paid work for the police is also taking place for those considering a career in the Force Control Room (FCR).
It'll take place at Force Headquarters, Wootton Hall, Northampton, on Thursday 15 January (7.30pm) and Saturday 17 Januar (9.30am).
There will be an opportunity for anyone interested in working in the FCR to find out what is involved in role of an FCR Operative, the application process, as well as the opportunity to listen to some example telephone calls and meet staff from the FCR, including the head of department. If you are interested in attending please register your interest online ahead of the event.