Woman Wanted After Rickmansworth Theft
11 June 2015, 09:19 | Updated: 11 June 2015, 09:55
Police have released a CCTV image of a woman they want to speak to after a purse was stolen from a handbag in Iceland on Rickmansworth's high street.
It happened between 9.15am and 11.15am, on Saturday, May 30.
One of the bank cards inside the purse was then used to make a payment in WH Smith.
Police would like to speak with the woman pictured as she may have been in the area at the time and may have information which could assist officers with their enquiries.
Anyone who recognises her, or who has information about the theft, is asked to contact PCSO Alan Waller via the Hertfordshire Constabulary non-emergency number 101, quoting crime reference C2/15/1230.
Some Police Advice:
• Men should keep their wallet in a front pocket rather than in their back pocket.
• Use a handbag that can be closed properly - zipped up preferably - so that it is more difficult for someone to open it and reach in.
• If you use a handbag with a strap, wear it across your body and not just over one shoulder.
• You can use a purse lanyard which attaches your phone or purse/wallet to your bag or clothes.
• If you do keep your purse in a shopping bag, put your purse at the bottom and not near the top, and use a shopping bag that can be closed.
• Be as secure with your mobile phone as you would your purse or wallet and ensure it is put away safely if you use it in the street.
You can also register your valuables on the free online property database www.immobilise.com. That way, police have more chance of being able to return them to you if they're lost or stolen.