On Air Now
Early Breakfast with James Stewart 4am - 6:30am
21 February 2015, 12:25 | Updated: 21 February 2015, 12:27
A man's been charged with the murder of a six month old baby boy in north London.
Scotland Yard said the 26-year-old would appear in custody at Hendon Magistrates' Court in north London on Saturday 21 February 2015.
A post mortem on the baby, who died on 26 January 2015, found that a head injury was the cause of death.
Police and the London Ambulance Service had found that the boy was not responsive when they were called to an address in Tottenham, north London on 23 January.
The baby was at first taken to North Middlesex Hospital before being transferred to Great Ormond Street Hospital where he died three days later.
Scotland Yard said a 30-year-old woman who had been arrested on suspicion of grievous bodily harm had been released with no further action.
An inquest in to the death was opened and adjourned at Barnet Coroner's Court on 5 February.
Police gave no details of the identities of the people involved.