Campsite Death - Woman Named

6 July 2011, 17:45 | Updated: 7 July 2011, 07:20

She was found at a campsite at Clippesby Hall near Acle in Norfolk on Tuesday.

30 year old Hazel Woodhams was from Huddersfield in West Yorkshire.

Police say they think her death was a tragic accident

Current results and symptoms suggest that the cause of the woman's death is likely to be carbon monoxide poisoning but post mortem results are not yet complete. Further tests will continue over the next few weeks.

Police are now warning other campers about the risks of keeping charcoal barbeques within an enclosed space. It is advised they should only be used and stored in open areas where they are less dangerous. 

John Lindsay the Owner of Clippesby Hall added, 'Our thoughts are with the couple's family and friends. It's just so sad that an accident like this happened. We've had hundreds of thousands of happy visitors to Clippesby over the past 40
years, and our park is usually such a happy place. Like the Detective Inspector, we will continue to warn campers of the risks of charcoal barbeques in enclosed spaces, especially tents.'