On Air Now
Heart Breakfast with Dave and Heidi 6am - 10am
5 March 2014, 13:47 | Updated: 5 March 2014, 13:58
Six people have been injured after a brawl involving 30 people outside a nightclub.
Police were called to The Lounge nightclub on Norwich Street on Saturday night after reports of a large disturbance.
In total six people were hurt, some of whom had to be taken to hospital for treatment.
- A man in his 20s suffered head and facial injuries.
- A man in his 30s suffered a dislocated shoulder and a cut to his face requiring stitches.
- A man in his 30s was punched to his head and body.
- A man in his 30s suffered serious facial injuries which could permanently affect his eyesight.
- A woman in her 20s suffered cuts to her arm.
- A woman in her 30s was punched in the jaw.
Inspector Amie Abbs said: "Several people suffered particularly nasty injuries in this incident, which may have involved around 30 people. We spoke to a number of witnesses on the night and are taking statements from the six victims as they recover. We are reviewing CCTV as part of our inquiries and are keen to speak to anyone who was in the area and may have any information.
"This type of incident is rare in Dereham and we work closely with licensees to ensure people can enjoy a night out in the town safely. We will be carrying out checks and additional patrols this coming weekend to offer reassurance and give people the chance to speak to officers if they can assist.”
Anyone with information about the incident at the weekend should contact PC Jim Collin at Dereham Police Station on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.