On Air Now
Heart's Club Classics with Toby Anstis 7pm - 11pm
A man spotted behind the wheel on a 70mph road in Norwich as he used two mobile phones has been banned from driving.
Police spotted David Secker making a phone call with one hand and apparently sending a text message with the other, Norwich Magistrates' Court heard.
When officers pulled the 34-year-old over, they had to wait for him to finish off his conversation.
Prosecutor Denis King said: ``He was seen holding a mobile phone to his right ear and as he moved closer the officer saw he was holding another phone in his other hand as though he was texting.''
Simon Nicholls, in mitigation, said his client had been reading a number from one phone to somebody on the other end of the line.
He disputed claims that his client had been driving his M-reg Vauxhall Tigra with his knees.
He was caught on a 70mph dual-carriageway on the outskirts of Norwich on May 17.
Secker, of Remmington Road, Norwich, was found guilty in his absence at an earlier hearing of using a mobile while driving, having no insurance and not being in a position to have proper control.
Secker was given a total of 14 points on his licence. He was banned for 12 months and fined #150. Outside court, Secker said: ``I think the magistrates treated me fairly.''
Mr Nicholls said: ``We hear about people driving while eating apples and doing all kind of stupid things. He accepts he made a mistake and will learn from it.''